Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stained Glass


The St. Jan has a extraordinary collection of stained glass windows. Some windows survived the reformation, to good to destroy, that’s quite special, considering almost all Catholic expressions were removed those days.
It is beautiful, but to be honest, I didn't know where to look. There are so many details and so many impressions that it is like it's there and at the same time isn't captured & mapped by your brain. Something like that. I took one shot of something I recognized from the history lessons, which I will post tomorrow.


The St. Jan has a website where you can check out more.

5 comments:

B SQUARED said...

The stained glass is spectacular.

Halcyon said...

This is beautiful! I know what you mean about looking at the windows though. I never have the patience to look at each and every one and to figure out the stories.

Lois said...

That is a stunning window! The detail is amazing.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Always a beautiful sight stained glass.

crocrodyl said...

Beautiful and huge stained glass!