Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gouda cheese day

There is some kind of cheese festival in town. Woerden is one of the area's of which the farmers supply Gouda cheese.


There were wagons with people in national costume (and a cheese maker).






Miss Leiden Cheese was making advertisments for cheese from Leiden.


I wonder how long cheese can stay in the sun, it's pretty warm and sunny today.


A choir of farmers wifes sung a cheese song.


Hungry for some cheese now? If you were here you could take a bite and taste... :P

8 comments:

VP said...

I love Dutch cheese, I could use some of that appetizer just now!

Femke said...

Fantastisch,hier wil ik ook nog een keer naar toe. Lijkt me zo gaaf en leuk om te zien :)

Leif Hagen said...

We eat Gouda cheese over here - sometimes from Holland! Looks like a fun and yummy cheese festival!

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

looks like fun, this is one of my top 5 posts for the week!! have a great weekend!!

Greg Dimitriadis said...

What an amazing festival!

betty said...

Mándame un poquito por mail... Bicoos

Randy said...

Now that is my kind of festival!

Doug Hickok said...

I'm a fan of cheese. And this festival looks like the perfect place to sample some. Wonderful series of images.